What is Medical Marijuana?
Medical Cannabis ( Medical Marijuana) is cultivated in approved cannabis centers which are secured, controlled, and well regulated for quality assurance. The main cannabinoids are Delta 9 tetrahydracannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), which are used in medicine. The chemical compounds in the cannabis plant, called cannabinoids, interact with the receptors in the body and brain. These react with the receptors much like our own natural molecules called endocannabinoids. These molecules are involved in things such as appetite, movement, memory, and pain.
How do I qualify for Medical Marijuana?
- 1) Make an appointment by calling our office at 941-755-9355
- 2) Have a chronic or debilitating condition such as:
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Ulcerative Colitis/ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Chronic)
- *Medical Conditions of a similar kind or class *
- *Many conditions are not listed but can be considered debilitating, please discuss your individual condition with the physician
- 3) Provide recent medical documentation of debilitating condition as well as treatment records.
- 4) Receive your medical marijuana recommendation and apply for your card
- 5) Obtain medical marijuana from a certified dispensary
Do I have to be a Florida Resident?
Both permanent and seasonal Florida residents can qualify for medical marijuana recommendation. A seasonal resident must reside in Florida for at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year and maintain a temporary residence.
Does that mean I have smoke it?
No, there are many routes of administration as well as dosages for medical marijuana. Tinctures, vaporizers, capsules, flower, and topical are all options for medical marijuana users. There are also many different blends of THC to CBD ratio depending on your condition. Your physician will discuss the best option and dosages for your specific medical problem.